Sh*t, Grit, and Motherwit:

A commentary and reflection upon my life and times in MTC.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Last Impressions (Self-Selected July: II)

So training is officially over and we're now left to fend for ourselves until we reconvene in about a month. Am I scared? Damn straight. I think I've subconsciously been avoiding having to confront the reality of my situation. I feel I'm prepared. And I'm confident in my abilities. But I keep having reocurring dreams where I completely lose control in the classroom. I'm afraid I'm going to somehow forgot the wealth of knowledge I've accumulated in the last two moments and do the wrong thing (like give empty threats instead of two choices -- something which actually happened in my dream). I think the nervousness will start to subside once I started getting really organized and planning out the year and see my room and composing lesson plans. But until then...... I think everyone else will be okay, for the most part. I have my ideas about some people, but we'll see. The place I'm stealing internet from is closing, so I've gotta make this quick. We got power and water today (hoorah!). Hopefully internet's coming in the next few days so the blogs won't be on such a long hiatus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home